Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday 13 July 2013

Day 3 & 4 Book Blogger Challenge ~ Book Blogging BFF & Books Flung Across the Room


The 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is created by April at Good Books and Good Wine. Daily for the duration of 15 days each blogger participating will post their reply to the corresponding topic above. April will post up her daily response along with a linky so that participating bloggers can leave their own link to their daily post. Click on the event banner or linky above for more information or to sign-up.

Here's my Book Blogger Challenge Responses:

Day 3 Blogging BFF


I'm yet to have a Blogging BFF in the literal sense of "Best Friends Forever" as I haven't been active in the book blogging community for that long. I also live in Australia where there aren't as many book bloggers or as many meet ups and events for us to congregate and get to know one another. 

Therefore I will answer this topic by introducing you all to a few book bloggers that I'd like to think are growing friendships, for me anyway, in the blogosphere. You never know, one day one of the following ladies may just end up being my Book Blogging BFF! 

Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Kim has fast become one of my favourite book bloggers as she's extremely patient, helpful and approachable. I'm able to email her with questions, whether it's to do with one of her events eg. Clean Sweep ARC Challenge or just a question regarding HTML coding for Blogger or anything for that matter and she quickly replies and doesn't mind clarifying things for a newbie like myself. 

Bookish Comforts

I only recently "met" or lets say corresponded with Rachelia from Bookish Comforts when I participated in the TBR Reading Challenge Read-along that she co-hosts. I had not participated in a Read-along before and so she was extremely patient with my questions and I really enjoyed discussing our June Read-along book, Hourglass by Myra McEntire with her. 

Once Upon a Prologue

Molli from Once Upon A Prologue is just so sweet! I had commented randomly on several of her posts and was amazed when I received such a heart-felt reply back that I truly felt like a very important visitor to her blog. 

Lisa from Read Me, Bookmark Me, Love Me. She's one of the first bloggers that I communicated with outside of the commenting on blogs and she was so very helpful in showing me the way, because of Lisa I was able to do my first giveaway successfully. 


Day 4 ~ Books Flung Across The Room


I'm yet to literally fling a book across the room, but the times when I have wanted to, it wasn't because of dislike for the book but because I loved it but it had a cliffhanger ending. Yes, I want to fling it across the room because I'm frustrated that I can't find out what happens next right now! 

However, for the purpose of this answer, I think "flinging" a book across the room is meant to mean I didn't like the book, I couldn't think of any, so I checked my Goodreads library and this is what I came up with. Click on the book cover to view my review of each book on Goodreads. 



8 comments:

Chrystal said...

I've heard that about The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Difficult read?

Anonymous said...

I heard the girl with the dragon tattoo was really good! And there's even a sequel.
I think I've heard of some of those blogs, too! I'll be sure to check them out

KariBradley7 said...

Oh boy, good flingers! I couldn't even crack TATTOO open. Just give me a YA Contemp and I'm pretty sold. ;-)

I'm also learning that there are more book blogs out there (through the book blogging BFFs) than I can ever hope to support! I'm glad it's such a supportive community, but turns out it is a GIANT community, too!

Unknown said...

I remember starting to watch the movie of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo with my cousin. We got a little bit in then gave up because it was supposed to be a fun night and we didn't want to be too depressed. That's all I pretty much know about it. I guess the book wasn't much better. ;)

-P.E.

Passionate Bookworm said...

The whole blogging community is so nice. I have yet to meet one blogger who wasn't totally ok with me bombarding them with questions! Or at least they never got irritated to my face. .... my computer screen? However that works lol.

Unknown said...

My friend read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and based on what she said about it, I don't think I could ever read it.

Spiced Latte said...

OMG I had to check my Goodreads list too just to see which book was the one that I fling! Loved the post!

xoxo

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

*waves* thanks for the shout-out and this challenge sounds like such fun.

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.