Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday 23 July 2013

Day 14 ~ Book Deal Breakers


The 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is created by April at Good Books and Good Wine. Daily for the duration of 15 days each blogger participating will post their reply to the corresponding topic above. April will post up her daily response along with a linky so that participating bloggers can leave their own link to their daily post. Click on the event banner or link above for more information or to sign-up.

Here's my Book Blogger Challenge Responses:

Day 5 - Tear Jerkers
Day 6 - Shopping for Books 
Day 7 - Blogging Quirks
Day 8 - Blog Appeal
Day 9 - Why do I blog about books?
Day 10 - How do I choose what book to read?
Day 11 & 12 - 5 Best blog posts and Combat Book Blogger Fatigue
Day 13 - Under Appreciated Book that EVERYONE should read

Day 14 ~ Book Deal Breakers


  • Pop Culture Reference - This ages your book people! Whilst I may know what your talking about, my Mother or Grandmother or my Grandchildren won't, therefore, your book would pretty much be redundant after my generation, surely you want your books to sell AFTER my generation reads it, right?
  • Fashion, Fashion, Fashion - Thanks April for referencing this because I would have forgotten. This is when the Author is so fashion conscious that she describes pages and pages of what characters are wearing and down to the brand, yes it goes back to the whole Pop Culture reference, and seriously do we really need to know the brand to get a good descriptive book? 
  • Instant Love - Need I say more? 
  • Lack or No Plot - Without one there's no point in writing this story y'all!
  • Flat Characters - Awesome writers can make me like, understand and empathise with their bad characters. 
  • Terrible Endings - you can have a fantastic plot, an amazing cast of characters but if the ending is dreadful...that's how your book is going to be remembered by.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! I definitely am not a fan of insta-love. It is so unrealistic to me. I also hate flat characters.

Unknown said...

The ending colors everything. If the book was awesome but had a terrible ending, that seals it's fate. It is on the way to the trash.

Giselle said...

Insta love is my biggest pet peeve of all and nope I can't stand it! Pop Culture References do date a book - meaning it can't really become one you can read in decades without feeling it's out of date if you know what I meant!

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.