Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday 30 January 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #8 ~ Frustrating Characters


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke & The Bookish

Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters


1. Addie from What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
A selfish character who essentially only cared for herself more than anyone else.


2. Bella Swan from Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer 
Need I say more lol


3. Caroline from Vampire Diaries by LJ Smith
Caroline was one of those insecure girls that had to make others feel bad or look down upon people to make herself feel better. Elena was meant to be one of Caroline's best friend and yet she is constantly competing with Elena.



4. Lissa Dragomir from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Lissa felt pathetic in Vampire Academy. It felt like she did not really care enough about Rose to assert any kind of independance and strength. She just had a weak character, and whilst Richelle probably wrote her to be like that so Rose can be the hero in her series, I felt like she was made too pathetic. 



5. Maura from Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
Maura had your typical middle-child syndrome, always felt like she had to go beyond to ensure she is noticed. I did not like her stupidity in this book. It is essentially her that created the mess for her family.


6. Lillith from Lharmellin Trilogy by Rhiannon Hart
Lillith had cried for the fiancee she was terribly in love with and lost and mere weeks later she already had a new fiancee that she was once again terribly in love with! 


7. Mallory from Carnival of the Souls by Melissa Marr
She had already been told by her Father that her little boyfriend is a demon and yet she lets him into their home. It's like the silly girls in horror movies that always freeze or trip over!!!


8. Frankie from Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
Frankie after the death of her brother turned conceited and boy-crazy. She had recently suffered tragic events in her life and yet she was more concerned about finding boys. I do understand that this was meant to be her coping mechanism, changing how she is, but come on! She was a bit OTT in the boy-craze thing.


9. Cecily from Wither by Lauren de Stefano
Just an imature and ungrateful brat-like attitude.


10. Reed from Private series by Kate Brian
I cannot stand characters that are smart and yet they make the most stupidest decisions or don't see what is in plain sight, or worse in Reed's case, she knows what they are doing to her and yet she continues to allow it. 


Link to your own Top Ten post and check out everyone else's list here.  

Next week @ Top Ten

Best Bookish Memories













11 comments:

Kristen Day said...

LOVE top ten lists - this one is great! I literally laughed out loud at #2... so true!

Anonymous said...

I had Stephan from the Vampire Diaries on my list--he's just so passive and wishy washy at times I just don't understand why a strong character like Elena even puts up with him!

Unknown said...

Great choices! I agree, Cecily was a brat at times. Nice list!

My TTT:
http://dragongirl28.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-most.html

Grad Student @ Young Adult Fiction and Whiskey Sours said...

Lissa made our TTT of characters that make us crazy as well. Great list!

Anonymous said...

LOL. I said the same thing about Bella on my list! Happy Tuesday!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you stopped by, because now I know that your blog is awesome! I love the layout, and your list is interesting. I need to read more of those titles though. I'm going to follow! You should follow me back.

Anonymous said...

I think it's unanimous -- everyone has Bella on their lists! I agree - Caroline in the book version of the Vampire Diaries is just awful. (Love her on TV, though :) )

Lisa

Kate @ whYAnot said...

I can't believe I forgot Lillith on my list. I remember reading Blood Song and at the time being really annoyed with her that she got over the one she loved so quickly. She had a heart as cold as the country surrounding their castle.

Agree with Addie too. :)

JezzebellJC said...

It looks like quite a few people thought Bella was annoying. I agree with Lissa and Carolina as well. I enjoyed reading your list. Have I also mentioned that I love your blog design - very beautiful! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

Jenni Elyse said...

I wish I knew more of these characters, but I don't. I only know Bella, lol. I understand the frustration and even hate people have for her. But, she didn't frustrate me. In that series, I'd say Jacob frustrated me because I wanted him out of the way.

Sarah (saz101) said...

Oh goodness, I'm with you about Addie. But, honestly, I kind of felt the same way about Eva. Eva was the one who nearly got them killed. And, I mena, I GET WHY. I couldn't live like a prisoner, either, but UGH. THOSE TWO. SO FRUSTRATING.

AND BELLA! HA! YESSS :D

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.