Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Monday 7 January 2013

Bout of Books Read-a-thon


The Bout of Books Read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On A Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading The Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways and a grand-prize but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.


                                                              ~ From the Bout of Books 6.0 Team

Challenges & Giveaways

Day 1 Mon Jan 7th
Scientific Discovery - The Book Barbies

Day 2 Tues Jan 8th
Guess the Cover - Never too Fond of Books
Favorite/Funniest Cover - Ms Buff's Blog

Day 3 Weds Jan 9th
Page 48 Challenge - Booking in Heels

Day 4 Thurs Jan 10th
Book Spine Poetry - Escape Through The Pages
Vampires in Popular Fiction - The One with Rachel's Books

Day 5 Fri Jan 11th
Rewrite the Synopsis - A Daydreamer's Thoughts

Day 6 Sat Jan 12th
Name your Book Crack - Bookgoonie
Bookish Dress Up - Nyx Book Reviews

Day 7 Sun Jan 13th
The New Year Resolution Challenge - Ex Libris

Twitter Chats
(chats approx 1hr in duration)
TZC = Time Zone Conversion
Monday 1pm CST (TZC)
Wednesday 8pm CST (TZC)
Saturday 10pm CST (TZC)

My Goals
This is the first time I'm participating in The Bout of Books Read-a-thon so I'm going to keep my goals nice and simple:-
  • Read 4 books from my TBR pile or 100 pages/daily
  • Participate in at least 2 of the challenges
  • Join at least one Twitter chat
  • Visit and comment on 10 participants blogs daily

Books to Read - TBA



Updates


Day 1 - Mon 7/1
Book:- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
No of pages:- 67
Reading time:- 1 hour
Notes:- 
I didn't make my goal of at least 100 pages/daily, however, I did make good on my other goals and visited and commented on 20 blogs. I also couldn't figure out the TZC so didn't make the Twitter chat.


Day 2 - Tues 8/1
Notes:-Unfortunately I've been flat out today and have received some bad news for my bf's family, therefore, I wasn't alone much so didn't get the reading time I wanted :( I did visit several blogs and commented. Maybe that's my problem...I should just get off the damn computer and read!!! I will be making up for this tomorrow...promise!






Day 3 - Weds 9/1 

Book:- Venom by Fiona Paul

No of pages read today:- 39 pages*
Reading Time:- 45 mins
Total no of books:- 0
Total no of pages:- 106 pages
Notes:- 

  • Definitely doing really bad in this read-a-thon. Nowhere near close to finishing one book let alone four.
  • However, I finally got to participate in a Twitter chat!!! Been trying to participate for a few days but couldn't work out the time converter LOL
  • Commented on 10+ blogs each day of the read-a-thon
  • Still haven't participated in a challenge as silly me thought that once the challenge begins it goes for the rest of the week, not just a day LOL, will definitely need to participate in at least one
*According to my Nook but I don't think that's correct as I read from Chapter 22 - 27. Anyone got a printed copy that can check my page count please? 


18 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Read-a-thon. I hope you can reach all your goals :) Have fun

Jessie @ Jessie's Random Place said...

I hope you enjoy your first Bout of Books Read-a-thon. Good luck with your goals!

Judie said...

I hope you had a great first day of Bout of Books. Hope to catch you in one of the Twitter chats. :)

jen7waters said...

Have fun on the read-a-thon, Angelica! :)

yes said...

Good luck achieving your goals! looking forward to seeing you in the vampires challenge.

Janie said...

Good luck with all your goals :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

@MelissaJoLynn_ said...

We do have similar goals. Have you decided what you're reading yet? Thanks for stopping by today.

Lauren said...

Awesome goals :) I hope you get all your books read! I also want to participate in several of the challenges! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you!

Abbi Hart said...

Good luck with your goals!

Alexa said...

Aw I hope you get better news soon.
Cinder is a great read though so I hope you find some more time to read it.

Happy reading!

Ellie said...

Hope things are better today, and that you get some quality reading time in - sounds like you could use a little R&R! I totally know what you mean about being on the computer too much - I've visited loads of blogs today and been around Twitter a fair bit, but my page count is rather on the small side. Strange, that... ;)
Happy reading for day 3!
Ellie @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl

Unknown said...

Hope things get better for you! It's hard to balance reading and other commitments. Take your time and have fun!

Jessica @ Literary, etc

Kathryn T said...

Angelica
I can attest to the fact that you have been commenting on blogs, thanks for comment on mine and hope you do get to do the fun twitter chat.
Sometimes reading plans go awry, but life is like that! Hopefully you will get the time and space you need in next few days.

Michelle @ In Libris Veritas said...

I hope everything is okay. :/
Cinder is one of my favorite books and I really hope you enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! There's still lots of time left in the bout. :D

Book Soulmates said...

Don't sweat it! You're 's the only one that's having a hard time keeping up...so is this girl *points at self*. It's not easy balancing reading in epic proportions and ya know, life! lol

You're kicking ass in your others goals so that's awesome!

Hope everything is okay with your bf's family!

Good luck,
Isalys / Book Soulmates

Stephanie said...

I hope you enjoy Cinder as much as I did! And good luck with the rest of the week! :)

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.