Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday 26 January 2013

Feature & Follow Friday


Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly feature hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read

The Rules:-


  • You MUST follow BOTH hosts Rachel @ Parajunkee and Alison @ Alison Can Read
  • You MUST follow BOTH Featured Blogs of the week (linked below)
  • Do your own Feature & Follow Friday post answering the question of the week and link to it here
  • Follow and comment on other participants Feature & Follow Friday posts! If you are kind enough to follow me, pls do so using any of the other methods but GFC as it's being discontinued soon

This week's Featured Bloggers



What is the last book that kept you up late into the night just to finish it?

What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang. I loved the concept of two souls in one body til a certain age where the dominant soul remains whilst the other simply disappears. It reminds me of children with imaginary friends and then eventually they grow out of the imagining stage and their imaginary friend disappears.

I should not exist. But I do.

Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t . . .

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet . . . for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.






17 comments:

Sugar and Snark said...

Thanks for stopping by my post :)

New email follower (sugar_and_snark AT yahoo .com)

Sugar & Snark

Unknown said...

This sounds like an intriguing book. I am not sure about the two souls living together inside one body, it sounds a bit strange. Having said that I believe that I would like to read more of this story so I will add this to my TBR list.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by.
New Twitter follower.

caffeinejunkie said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog! Cool answer, I haven't read this one yet. New follower, btw. :)

Britt said...

I keep meaning to grab a copy of this book! It sounds so interesting.

Jenni Elyse said...

I haven't heard of this book before, but it sounds very interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Livia @ Butterfly-o-Meter Books said...

I've seen the book, looks interesting and I wanna read it at some point. Like hundreds other books. Sigh. Sooo many books so little time, you know how it is.

Thanks for stopping by, following you back :)
Have a great weekend!

barmybex said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Can I jsut say I LOVE your blog design. The Header is beautiful and your little signature castle is so cute. :D

I haven't read this book, but have seen it around a lot. I may have to add it to my pile now. :)

Enjoy your weekend.

*New Follower

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of this book but it sounds interesting. Thanks for stopping by my blog ~ Fantasy Book Chick

robgirlbooks said...

I like that you included the blurb and picture. The book tip stays with me that way. I added you as a friend on Goodreads, but if you prefer a different method of following, let me know. This is my FF.
-Robyn @ www.robgirlbooks.blogspot.com

Jessi (Geo) said...

Oh, that was a good read! Your blog is really cute, I returned the follow :)

Eve said...

I've seen this book a while ago and it interested me, but then totally forgot about it... Good thing I saw your post and remembered it!

New follower.
My F&F.

siriusyareader said...

I haven't read what's left of me but its on my tbr list. I can definitely see how it kept you up late!

Leeanna said...

Thanks for stopping by :) Followed you on GFC.

I wanted to read this when it came out, but somehow forgot all about it!

Unknown said...

Thanks Everyone for stopping by I've just gone through to ensure I've commented on everyone's blog too. I appreciate the time you've all taken to say "hi"!

@BarmyBex - I just recently changed my blog layout. I totally love it myself, it's just so me!

I'd love to hear any feedbacks on the design so pls comment away!

Lynette @ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time said...

That sounds like a fascinating book – I really need to check it out!
New GFC follower! :)

My post:http://escapingrealitybookreviews.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/feature-and-follow/

Unknown said...

New GFC follower. Sounds like a great book!

My FF

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.