Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Powered by Blogger.
Friday 13 July 2018

Weekly Wrap-Up



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kim @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 


Life Beyond Books 


I'm slowly getting into the groove of things, and have finished two books this week, which is a lot better than what I was doing the last month. I had scheduled a week worth of posts in one sitting...winning! 

School is on holidays, and even though my son still goes to pre-school twice a week, it's  been nice not having to do something daily. We've got soccer, swimming and playgroups normally, so it's been nice to just chill out. 

The Week Gone By

The Week Ahead 


The Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa
The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
The Undercurrent by Paula Weston
Waiting on Wednesday

Around the Blogosphere


Since I kept the header at my last Weekly Wrap-up, but no links, I now remembered...

Dewey's Readathon is on July 28th...are you joining?

For the Sydney-siders, Allen & Unwin is hosting this year's #YAFanFest18 on August 10, buy your tickets here and follow their Facebook page for Author announcements.

After the lights go out by Lili Wilkinson book launch, hosted by Amie Kaufman on August 2nd at Carlton, VIC.

Brisbane Writer's Festival has a #LoveOzYA Event, meet Veronica Roth, Alison Goodman just to name a few, and hosted by fellow Aussie blogger Jeann @ Happy Indulgence Books on September 8th.

So jealous for anyone that go to the two last events, as I'm from Sydney and will unfortunately not be meeting Amie Kaufman or Veronica Roth...two fave Authors of mine. 

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!  Will also be linking up to Mailbox Monday. All books are linked to Goodreads, if you want to add to your shelf.

Only a small haul this week, these are all eGalleys. I had Furyborn last week as I got myself a paperback copy, and then I was approved at Edelweiss...better late than never though.




Recently Finished 

Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa
The Undercurrent by Paula Weston

Currently Reading

Fawkes by Nadine Brandes

Up Next

Furyborn by Claire Legrand
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

This week's Question?

Does a cluttered blog have you not returning? By cluttered I mean too many columns, small type, too many photos, difficult to follow, etc.


I'm more about the content, but I don't really like looking at ones with black backgrounds where it's hard to read. I don't think I've really come across a blog that's very cluttered, I have come across one where I couldn't find the commenting section (Wickr) I don't really like returning to those.

(Suggested by Eliabeth @ Silver's Reviews)


Whilst we're on this topic, let me know...do you find my blog cluttered? I am due for an upgrade, this was the designs 3 years ago, but I'm yet to find someone affordable to move me over to Wordpress and do a design, for me, it's just become too cutesy and I've grown up LOL and want it more clean. Let me know what you like and don't like on my blog, whilst we are on this topic.

0 comments:

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.