Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide
Powered by Blogger.
Monday 26 January 2009

Happy Australia Day!!!



Happy Australia Day Everyone!!!

Today being Australia day I thought that I'd write my list of what I love about Australia. Having lived here since I was 12 and turning 13 the following month of our arrival, hence being here for 13 years I've got to say that despite the fact that I've loved other countries I couldn't imagine choosing to live elsewhere.

What I love about Australia:-
- I love how it's so multi-cultured
- I love how the Universities have HECS which for those that don't live in Oz is a system that allows people to "borrow" in effect a loan from the Government to be able to study the degree of their choice, and it doesn't have to be paid till your making $30,000 per annum
- Medicare system, despite people constantly complaining about it, I've found that the Health Care system in Australia is quite good
- Centrelink system which is good for those unemployed or those unable to work due to children, disabilities etc
- Our Educational system, our Public Schools are quite good and we pretty much don't have to spend money as text books are provided etc.

I think in general Australia is quite a lucky country and I think that we take it for granted at times but I for one am very happy that  I live here.

0 comments:

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.