Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday 25 December 2008

Beautiful Classic Books



Source:- Penguin Blog


Due to a thread in the Vogue forums I became very interested in classical books. Not just any classical books but pretty and beautiful ones. So I just wanted to share a few of my recent purchases.

I had initially purchased the Jane Austen Collector's Edition Box Set (pictured above) from Dymocks for $75 but recently found it on Book Depository for $40 once converted. The books are actually pocket sized (approximately 12cmx7cm), cloth hard bound with dust jacket, gold foiled pages similar to that of the bible with a ribbon attached as bookmark. Other books also come in this same edition with some dust jacket being different colours. I've bought individuals of these same editions for Alice in Wonderland, Dracula, Frankenstein, Oliver Twist and Grimms Tales and only priced at $16.95 each. I cannot wait to line them up on my bookshelf, it'll look stunning, furthermore I love the size as it'll fit in any of my handbags without any bulk AND I was thinking that the print would be too small in size but it wasn't, it's actually perfect! I plan to get more of these books/editions for other stories. Some that are available include Great Expectations, Peter Pan, Little Women, Secret Garden and many more.

I also bought the leather bound, also pictured above, for the Bronte sister set. This particular leather bound edition are only available for six Jane Austen books (Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey and Persuasion) and three of the Bronte sisters books (Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights and The Tenant of Whitefell Hall), the latter set is what I had purchased as I already purchased the box set for Jane Austen's novels, these are priced at $19.95 each.

The last set, which was the actual book featured on the thread is a collection of 10 classic books, 2 being Jane Austen novels, Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre hence I purchased, or rather my very kind Future-Brother-in-Law purchased for me the remaining six of the collection. I haven't seen it as yet in person so stay tuned for further information on this beautiful collection, but nonetheless I've got to say I've spoilt myself severely with pretty classic books the last few days.

I'm still lemming a Harry Potter Box Set which seems more likely for me to purchase as I found it (the cloth bound Collector's edition) for $240 which is half price of the RRP of $517 from Borders. Added to my lemming list are children's classic books such as Pollyanna, Little Woman, Peter Pan, The Secret Garden and many more so I'll keep this blog posted as I add to my library collection.
Font size

0 comments:

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.