Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Friday 8 February 2013

Wicked Valentine's Read-A-Thon (#WWR)



Wicked Valentine's Read-A-Thon is hosted by My Shelf Confessions. For more info and to sign up click on the button above. This event will run from today, Feb 7 through to midnight (EST) Feb 14. Sign ups close at midnight on Monday Feb 11. Make sure that the link you provide on the signup page is the link to your updates. Updates can be posted on your blog, Goodreads, Twitter and Facebook. Make sure your profile is public so we can all view your progress. There are optional activities that can win you some great prizes, schedule can be found below.

Wrap Up Note

I think I did pretty well and on average I think I read at least 50 pages/day. I came short in my goal for the challenge, participating in only 3 rather than 4, thought they were entire event challenges, didn't realize they only ran for 24 hours; disappointed as I really wanted to participate in the Valentine's  Day Cover Ball. 

I also did not participate in any Twitter chats/parties but I did come close to my update posts, the longest time I didn't update was 3 days but most days I updated every 2 days if not daily.

So overall I think that this Read-a-thon was a success for me. I definitely did a lot better than  my last Read-a-thon. I wanted to thank all Bloggers who participated in the challenges, chats and My Shelf Confessions for bringing this fun event to everyone. Will definitely be participating in the next one. Till then...Happy Reading!!! 

Goals

  1. Read 5 books this week 
  2. Participate in at least 4 challenges
  3. Participate in Twitter chats/party
  4. Visit 5 blogs daily - no linky for update posts
  5. Try and read 50 pages/day
  6. Post my updates at least once every 2 days

Books 
(*Started & Finished during the Read-a-thon) 


*Blood Fugue by EJ Wesley = 46 pages
*Witch's Nocturne by EJ Wesley = 47 pages
*Touch & Choice by Jennifer Snyder = 41 pages
*Hereafter by Jennifer Snyder  = unable to provide because the pdf I got is inaccurate
Terra by Gretchen Powell = 107 pages (started but not finished)
The Cat's Meow by Stacey Kennedy = 15 pages
Blood Storm by Rhiannon Hart = tba

Updates 

Thursday Feb 7  


Books Read
Blood Fugue by EJ Wesley ~ Started & Finished = 46 pages
The Cat's Meow by Stacey Kennedy ~  finished the last chapter = 15 pages
Total pages read = 61 pages
Notes: Signed up for #WWR Read-a-thon and visited 30 Read-a-thon participants but not everyone had their #WWR posts up yet so I couldn't comment on everyone's blog. 

Friday Feb 8


Currently Reading: Terra by Gretchen Powell ~ 55 of 237 = 55 pages

Saturday Feb 9


Currently Reading: Terra by Gretchen Powell ~ 59 of 237 = 4 pages
Notes: Didn't read much as I did a few blog post hops and so I always make sure I visit other Bloggers from that hop.

Sunday Feb 10


Notes: Was ill and busy, bad combination so didn't get to read or blog :(

Monday Feb 11


Books Read
Touch & Choice by Jennifer Snyder  ~ Started & Finished = 41 pages

Challenge ~ Participated info below


Tuesday Feb 12

Currently Reading 
Blood Storm by Rhiannon Hart = 57 pages
Terra by Gretchen Powell ~ 107 of 237 = 48 pages

Challenge ~ Participated in today's challenge; was so fun...I really enjoyed it!

Wednesday Feb 13

Books Read
Hereafter by Jennifer Snyder ~ Started & Finished = unable to give you page # because page no count on the pdf is not accurate.

Challenge ~ Participated in today's challenge.


Thursday Feb 14

Books Read
Witch's Nocturne by EJ Wesley ~ Started & Finished = 47 pages

Wicked Valentine's Day Read-A-Thon Activities

(Click on links for challenge rules and info)


Monday Feb 11 - Line of Love by My Shelf Confessions 

Rolled 10...there are 16 words in the sentence below I can add 8 of my own words. My words are in italic. Quote taken from Touch by Jennifer Snyder Chapter 8; 10 sentence down.

"I wondered if I’d feel anything besides air when touching him... or if I’d die instantly."


Answer


I wondered if I'd feel anything besides longing when touching him...or if now it's just pure unselfish love.


Twitter Party #WWReadathon 

Saturday 4-6pm EST & Tuesday 8-10pm EST
Prizes to be won


Challenge Schedule

Thursday, February 7: 9am-9am | The Love Ship | My Shelf Confessions

Friday, February 8: 9am-9am | The Dating Game | Bittersweet Enchantment

Saturday, February 9: 9am-9am | Clue to my Heart | I Write, I Read, I Review

Sunday, February 10: 12am-9am | Valentine's Day Cover Ball | The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Monday, February 11: 9am-9am | Lines of Love | My Shelf Confessions

Tuesday, February 12: 9am-9am | Cover Lover | Book A World

Weds Feb 13 & Thurs Feb 14: 9am-12am | Character Crush | My Shelf Confessions


Prizes
  • To win a Main Linky Prize, you have to have done at least one challenge and one update post through the weekend. Every challenge you participate in gives you (+1) extra entry.
  •  The form allowing you to enter the Main Linky giveaways can be found on this post, as well as a sticky post on the host’s blogs from the starting date, so no worries if you’re not able to participate the whole weekend. NOTE: You can only fill in the form once, so make sure you’re finished with the read-a-thon!
  • The form will stay open until midnight EST Friday, February 15 for those who can’t, or miss, filling it out on Sunday.




5 comments:

Kristin @ Addicted to HEA said...

Oooo, I like your goals!!! You're so much more formal than me! I'm lucky I even got a post out today :) I'm going to Goodreads next to check out your books. I've never heard of them. I'm always looking for new reads!!

Happy reading!!!!!

Bitsy Bling Books said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Nice to meet you and now I'm a new follower :). I see you've got some witchy books on your list to read too! Good luck with your goals and happy reading!

Charlie
Bitsy Bling Books

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Best of luck!! I'm really looking forward to chatting to you and everyone else on Saturday :) And can I just say, your blog looks super cute. I adore the design!

Unknown said...

Good luck with your goals, Angelica! Looks like you're well on your way!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower...your blog is super cute, BTW! :)

Bree
Coffee Bean Bookshelf

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

I love your goals, I hope you can achieve them all! :D

Mel@thedailyprophecy.

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.