Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday 19 February 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #10 ~ Favorite Characters in Paranormal Genre


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke & The Bookish

Today we got to pick our genre, originally I was going to choose YA but I thought that's too general so I went with Paranormal as that's mostly what I read. I've linked to reviews and any other info I have within my blog pertaining to that book. This isn't in any specific order, and it's only my fave characters with my recently read list, so not necessarily the Top Ten Favorite Characters, as I don't even know who that would be...can you believe a book blogger with no ONE specific "favorite" book and character! OMG!!!

As I typed up this post I noticed that most of my characters were females and courageous is a recurring theme. I really like women that are independent, strong and true to themselves, so apologies if my reasoning was repeated several times but that's why I'm attracted to these characters, due to these traits. 

Top Ten Favorite Characters in the Paranormal Genre


1. Rose Hathaway ~ Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

I liked Rose because she was an awesome best friend! I could only hope that I could have a BFF like that. There was nothing that she wouldn't do for Lissa and I really liked that quality. My Vampire Academy Review

2. Terra Rhodon ~ Terra by Gretchen Powell 

I like Terra because her first priority is her brother, Mica, I really enjoy the fact that she loves him so much that she comes second, that's unconditional love. Review will be posted up on February 21st.

3. Cate Cahill ~ Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood 

Cate's the oldest of the three sisters and like Terra her first priority is her sisters. Even when they dislike what she is saying she still takes care of them, love them etc. 

4.  Libby ~ The Cat's Meow by Stacey Kennedy

Libby is an Enchantress and despite her powers she's down to earth. Doesn't care what the rest of her coven thinks of her, she does her job well, she's motivated, she wants to do the right thing. She's also independent and another awesome best friend! My Review of The Cat's Meow. 

5. Evie ~ Paranormalcy by Kiersten White 

Evie was just funny, sarcastic and spunky.

6. Zeraphina ~ Blood Song by Rhiannon Hart

Zeraphina is strong and she fights against the elements of what she is meant to be. She struggles with a dark side but she continues to fight to remain  "herself" and not let the evil overtake her. She wants to do the right thing and nothing will get in her way. Australia Day Fun Quiz by Author of Blood Song and Blood Storm; Rhiannon Hart here, and the first part of her Interview here, second part of Rhiannon's Interview will be posted up within the next few days so stay tuned. 

7. Esme ~ The Twilight Sage by Stephenie Meyer

I love Esme's motherly intuitiveness. She's very welcoming and she doesn't care because your "different". She really loves her children and she seems like an overall beautiful person who is family orientated, willing to do anything for the safety of her loved ones. She's kind, sweet and genuine.

8. Eve ~ Eve by Anna Carey

Eve is courageous, she fled all that she knew, the safety net that she had to find the truth and to get the chance to live the life that she wanted. At that age that's very noble. Many of us won't flee the comfort of our homes and all that we know when we don't know what we're running to. I find Eve's character to be strong, courageous and most especially resourceful. My Eve Review.  

9. Beatrice Prior ~ Divergent by Veronica Roth

I liked how Beatrice never gave up and she wasn't scared to stand up for what she knew was right, despite knowing she won't be popular for her decision. For many teens, this is very courageous! Most of us when we are teens just go with the flow in fear of ostracising ourselves from our peers. My Divergent Review.

10. James ~ Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater

Last but not least is James, my only male on the list. I love how James is funny, sarcastic and cheeky. I like his one-liners and other goofy remarks. My Ballad Review.

Next week @ Top Ten Tuesday

Authors That I'd Put In My Auto-Buy List 

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Great choices!!! I could have gone on forever with my list, and I definitely needed some of your choices on mine!

Nina said...

Cate is awesome. I loved the first book in the series & got my fingers crossed the sequel will be awesome as well. :)

J'adore Happy Endings

hbjgvhuogyihpo said...

Rose Hathaway is definitely a favorite of mine - like you, I loved her relationship with Lissa, and how there was nothing she wouldn't do for her!

Great list!
My Top Ten

Unknown said...

Love your list! I like Esme for the same reasons too! I'm currently reading Born Wicked. I'm not that far in, so I'm curious if I'll like Cate just as much!

My TTT

Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict said...

I love Tris!!! Definitely a great female protagonist!

Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

My Top Ten

Lyn Kaye said...

Vampire Academy is on my TBR list - I really need to get on top of that. :(

Lark @ The Bookwyrm's Hoard said...

Great blog design, Angelica! I enjoyed your list, although I haven't read a single one of these books. (Several are on my TBR list, though!)

Unknown said...

It's nice that you thought of Esme - she doesn't get a whole lot of attention in the twilight saga, but she's really a great character. Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Ugh I've only read one book on your list. My TBR pile just grew a little :D I can't wait to start Divergent. I'm so behind on that bandwagon. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

Nice list! I can't believe I forgot to add Tris to mine!

Samantha said...

We definately have similar tastes in characters. I didn't include Cate on my list, but I adore her too!

Samantha @ Reading-AndCoffee

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Esme is a great character. She's overlooked too.

Anonymous said...

I loved Evie and Tris as well. Great picks!

Jennifer Rummel said...

great list and you have such a pretty blog!

Unknown said...

I wish I had done paranormal just so I could list James! He always made me laugh and is my favorite character out of all the Maggie S. books I've read so far and believe me, that's saying something! Awesome ten, I agree with all the ones I've read:)

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.