Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday 26 April 2018

Perfect by Cecelia Ahern

Perfect

by Cecelia Ahern

Website | GoodreadsTwitter

Series: Flawed #2
Released: 
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Harper Collins
Genre: Young Adult Dystopia



Celestine North lives in a society that demands perfection. After she was branded Flawed by a morality court, Celestine's life has completely fractured--all her freedoms gone.

Since Judge Crevan has declared her the number one threat to the public, she has been a ghost, on the run with Carrick--the only person she can trust.

But Celestine has a secret--one that could bring the entire Flawed system crumbling to the ground. A secret that has already caused countless people to go missing.

Judge Crevan is gaining the upper hand, and time is running out for Celestine. With tensions building, Celestine must make a choice: save just herself or to risk her life to save all Flawed people.

And, most important of all, can she prove that to be human in itself is to be Flawed?


Perfect begins immediately after Flawed. Celestine is on the run, having left her family home, and being ferociously chased by Crevan. If that's not enough she has also evaded the Whistleblowers so they are also searching for her.

Cecelia takes us into another nail biting, fast-paced, action-packed journey as we follow Celestine through her new life, a Flawed life. I was beyond moved at the amount of growth Celestine made in this book, she wasn't that likeable in book 1, but she truly makes a comeback with a bang in this book. She became a driver in her own life rather than a passenger and she finally sees the system for what it is and has come to accept that being "Flawed" is in fact being "human". By the end of the book not only had Celestine accepted she is Flawed, but she became a poster-child for their cause, giving hope to the thousands of Flawed, and those that don't believe the system is fair and just.

My only gripe with the book is that maybe it should have been made into a trilogy, as I felt like things happened too quickly. One chapter they are being raided by Whistleblowers and just scraping by to get away, and the next chapter they're doing a similar thing. Due to the extremely fast-pace I did not get to immerse myself into the current situation before the plot is welcoming another situation already. I also felt disconnected to the relationships between characters. There were several new secondary characters that all have some type of relationship to our main characters, but I did not "feel" their connection because by the time I was starting to understand their relationship, where they stand in each others lives...things happen and the building of their relationship doesn't feel complete. I felt like I was running for something, narrowly missing it; right there but just out of my grasp, that's how I felt whilst reading some parts of the scenes of this book. I'd have liked more interactions between the characters before they are off to save each others lives when I felt like they had just known each other for a minute.

Lets talk about Carrick and Celestine for a minute. I just did not get their "love" to be honest. I understand their connection at the Guild prison cells but beyond that, everything else seemed unlikely. Again, I feel like their "love story" took a backseat to the main plot, which I don't mind, but  I didn't understand some of their actions because I felt like it was too over the top for what their relationship was. I seen Carrick and Celestine as partners in crime, friends, but not "in love". I felt like Celestine and Art had more chemistry than the former.

So many of the characters from Flawed had incredible growth in Perfect. My favourite is Celestine's Grandfather and more so,  her Mother. Why her Mother over Grandfather who's always been there for her, because her Mother went and did a complete 360 in transformation, or more likely, she finally got the courage to let her true self out. I enjoyed every "F$%@ You" that her Mother showed to the Guild whether big or small.

As per my Flawed review, I wish we got a bit more background information on why the world became the way it is. However, I do like the world as it's dystopian but a highly realistic world that is a possibility in our current world.

Overall I really enjoyed Flawed and Perfect, read the duo-logy in 3 days. Cecelia Ahern is a gifted writer that somehow attracts her readers and have them gripping each page hoping it never ends. Her characters are very relatable and their character growth is always amazing. The world, so close to our own it nearly doesn't qualify as "dystopian", is truly an interesting part of this duo-logy. I am hoping that Cecelia Ahern continues with her venture in Young Adult as this foray into this genre as been a hit.


Sneak Peek 


Trailer 





Buy It Now 



Associate links are used on this post

0 comments:

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.