Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday 16 April 2013

Let's Talk #1

Let's Talk is a weekly meme I'm trialling as I love the discussion topics! Hosted by KT at A Book Obsession and Smash at Smash Attack Reads. It's main purpose is to help everyone get to know each other better. To suggest topics click here. To view the schedule for future topic discussions and to read more info regarding the meme please click here or the event button. 

This week's question:-

Do you judge books by their covers? Why or why not?

Yes, I'm ashamed to admit it but I do judge books by their covers. If I'm perusing through my local bookstore or library the beautiful covers jump out to me more and I'm more likely to choose those books over those with dull covers. 

It's a well-known fact that you shouldn't "judge a book by it's cover" but I just can't help it. In my opinion, the effort that an Author has made on their covers, is the same effort they would have made in writing their books…I could be totally wrong about this, but this is only my opinion. 

To view my Top Ten Cover choices, click here. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I do and I'm not ashamed of that!! There are so many books out there and so little time. I know I can't read all of the books in the world (even though I really want to...), so I want to read only books that attract me to read them. I always go to the books store and look for books with covers that STAND OUT. My current favorite cover is the cover of The Selection - I LOVE its color!!
Great discussion (:

Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

Search

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin
Button for Paperback Princess

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.