Search

Loading...

Find Me...

Contact Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Facebook Rss Feed

My Button

Button for Paperback Princess

Archives

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Top 100 Book Launch


Yesterday I attended a "Top 100 Books" Launch sponsored by our local Angus & Robertson which was held at one of the branches of my local library. It was quite an event, which included the local mayor Nick Lalich and world-renowned author, Pamela Freeman (pic below). 

I was really quite embarrassed as the librarians loudly introduced me to all and I was the youngest person there. There were a lot of women aged around my Grandmother's age so I really felt out of place but nonetheless I love reading and books enough to endure and the attendees were wonderful! They were all so friendly and tried to help me feel more at home. I didn't regret attending at all.

I also purchased two books by Pamela Freeman from the Castings Trilogy. This is her first foray into writing for adults, she is normally a young adult and children's book author. Deep Water is the second book in the trilogy and was recently released, I was lucky enough to get both autographed by Pamela. She was amazing and prior to meeting her I had emailed her and she personally replied, within the same day! I was ecstatic!

Anyway, I had a great day and was thrilled to have attended such a lovely event. Hope that I could attend similar future events, now I could only hope that I could get all my books signed by the respective authors LoL...dreaming right?






0 comments:

Subscribe

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Google+

Ratings

My Ratings Guide

© Paperback Princess | Blog Design by Sarah Bryan | Digital Scrapbooking kits used: Once Upon a Time by Indigo Designs and Enchanted Neighborhood by Irene Alexeeva.